Sunday, March 20, 2016

From the Outside Looking In: One Perspective

I see her seeing everything that is wrong.
I see her not forgiving herself or others.
I see her struggling to stay afloat and feeling helpless.
I see that she needs help but can't seem to help her.
I feel helpless as well.
What can I do?
What can I say?
She is depressed and I can't seem to get her out of it.
She seems to rattle on about one burden to the next.
I know her burden is great, but I have my own work...
She cries and blames me for things I had no idea I did wrong.
She thinks I don't love her.
Do I? This isn't the person I thought I married.
She makes a very big deal out of the smallest things.
Does she even see me here?
I know this is important to her.
I see her begging for help, but don't know how to help her.
Even when helped, it only makes it go away for a short time.
My loved one is hurting inside, but how do I tell her she needs help?
What if she rejects the help?
How CAN I help?
I must help her.
I must keep on trying and persevering.
She will get through this, but WE need help...

No comments: